our history

Alpha Gamma Delta was officially founded on May 30, 1904 at Syracuse University by 11 progressive and influential women. Since the founding, collegiate chapters have been installed at 194 colleges and universities across North America and more than 189,000 women have become Alpha Gam sisters.

 

The Gamma Alpha chapter was installed at the University of Georgia in 1923 and is the third oldest sorority on campus. After more than 95 years on campus, the women of our chapter continually strive to uphold and surpass the principles of sisterhood set forth by our founding members through community service, scholarship and sisterhood.

our symbols

Tagline: Loving Leading Lasting

Vision: Inspire the woman. Impact the world.

Jewel: Pearl

Colors: Red, Buff & Green

Mascot: Squirrel

Flowers: Red & Buff Roses with Green Asparagus Plumosa Fern

©2018 BY ALPHA GAMMA DELTA. PROUDLY CREATED WITH WIX.COM